The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada is looking to add a Junior Engineer to its dynamic team. We offer a positive working environment with a supportive team that encourages your growth. We work in a hybrid work model with 2 days in the office and 3 at home. This is an entry-level position. We will train the successful candidate.
The Institute is looking for a candidate to support our Professional Senior Engineer and the RSIC Team Engineer with the review of X-Ray plan submissions. Your job will include reviewing plans for accuracy and safety, as well as communicating with the X-Ray plan submitters. You will be working with two sets of stakeholders, industrial and medical. We do not require looking for a formal Professional Engineer designation as there is a level of oversight with our P.Eng certified staffer. You will be reporting to the RSIC Team Engineer. You will be engaging with two main groups of stakeholders, one working with industrial and the other with medical X-Ray device applications.
- Execute review necessary for the safety of all persons shielding requirements
- Complete and submit all plan evaluations to the clients within the mandated ten-day service standard period
- Correctly apply HARP Act requirements contained in the X-Ray Safety Code and the requirements of REGULATION 861 under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act, as well as identify circumstances where ALARA principle, best practices and Health Canada Safety Codes have to be applied to respond to “silent” requirements
- Keep the clients and the submitters duly informed and provide necessary comments
- Ensure efficient and effective approval process and provide the clients with regular reports
- Graduate from an Engineering Program
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical skills
- Experience in scientific data analysis
- Attention to detail is very important for the role
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft OFFICE applications, in particular, Word & Excel
- Object-oriented programming experience is an asset
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop and Acrobat
- English essential
Please send your application with the subject “Junior Engineer” by September 22 to: email@example.com
Compensation: 65 K plus benefits
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, please apply at your earliest convenience. We intend to fill this position as soon as possible.
Candidates should clearly indicate how they meet each of the required qualifications.
The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada is an equal opportunity employer with an excellent employee benefits plan, including health benefits and a pension plan. If you would like the challenge of the position and wish to be considered, we would be pleased to hear from you. This advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents only.