This public course is being held online only. Commissioned courses can be held online or in-person.
This one-day course is designed for employees who work with x-ray sources. Participants will acquire knowledge of practical and effective measures designed to protect against excess radiation exposure from x-rays.
There are several convenient ways to take advantage of this unique course. You can arrange for one of our instructors to come to your workplace and teach the course on site or you can arrange for a private course to be delivered to your employees at our National Education Center in Toronto. Contact us for more details.
Alternatively, you can register online for one of our publicly scheduled courses below.
How You Learn
Online: The sessions held online are designed to recreate the in-class experience as much as possible. The course is delivered live through an online meeting platform, led by our experienced instructors. Participants are encouraged to ask questions and instructors are available to offer assistance. Breaks are offered throughout the day, including one hour for lunch. Please note that the timing of the course is set for the time-zone of the course location. For example, if the course location is specified as Toronto, the course will begin at 9:00 am Eastern time and the lunch break will be around noon Eastern time. All course materials will be provided electronically, and certificates will be emailed to participants within a week after the end of the course.
Classroom: not applicable at this time.
To help you progress, you will be required to complete a hands-on experiment with a final test at the end of the day. When you complete the course requirements and pass the final test, you will receive the Radiation Safety Institute of Canada’s All About X-Ray Safety Certificate.
- Understanding of atomic properties
- Comprehension of radiation types and properties
- Detailed knowledge of x-ray production and types of x-ray machines
- How x-rays interact with matter and shields
- Knowledge of types and sources of x-ray exposure and effects of x-rays on human health and genetics
- Knowledge of select Ontario Ministry of Labour Occupational Health and Safety Act X-Ray Safety regulations
- Structure of matter
- Understanding radiation
- Interaction of x-rays with matter
- X-rays: Radiation made by machine
- Radiation protection
- X-ray safety regulations
Cancellations | The following administrative fees will apply to course registration refunds:
- 20% of course fee if cancelled 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- 50% of course fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- No refunds will be issued if cancelled on the day of the course
- Dec 11, 2023 *Online* 9am EST Start Time
December 11, 2023
9:00 am - 5:00 pm