This refresher course is a one-day course designed to help employers with industrial or medical X-Ray equipment across Canada to continue satisfying their regulatory obligations.
The regulators, both federal and provincial, expect that a qualified person will be designated as an X-Ray Safety Officer by the employer. The best way to maintain such qualifications is to continue updating existing knowledge. We recommend that a refresher course be taken every 3 years to keep up-to-date with all changes and requirements.
This course is geared towards active X-Ray Safety Officers who already hold a professional XSO Certificate and wish to update their knowledge of X-Ray safety and regulatory standards applicable to their workplace.
The course is delivered in face-to-face format in our training facility at the National Education Office in Toronto by our skilled team of teachers are experienced educators.
- Reinforce knowledge of X-ray safety fundamentals
- Review radiation detection, instrumentation and dosimetry best practices
- Update your awareness of key federal, provincial and territorial regulations on x-ray safety
- Learn from your fellow XSOs through networking and structured group exercises
Upon course completion and successful passing of the exam a Certificate will be issued. Please keep it for your records to present to the regulator at the time of workplace inspection.
Accommodation The Eaton Chelsea Hotel, 33 Gerrard Street W, is pleased to offer a group rate to our course participants. Once your course registration has been confirmed a link to the Eaton Chelsea will be sent to you. Please note, proof of your registration will be required upon hotel check-in.
The hotel is located 2 km from the Institute and a daily complimentary shuttle service will be provided to and from the hotel, departing at 8:30am and returning by 5:00pm.
If you find that XSOR course is not what you need, please take a moment to look at other radiation safety courses we offer.
Staff Scientist and Manager of Training
Tel: (416) 650 9090 ext. 23 | Fax (416) 650 9920 | Email: email@example.com
Cancellations | The following administrative fees will apply to course registration refunds:
- 20% of course fee if cancelled 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- 50% of course fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- No refunds will be issued if cancelled on the day of the course
- Toronto December 7, 2020
December 7, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm