At this time, this public course is being offered online only. Commissioned training can be held online or in-person.
This refresher course is a one-day course designed to help employers with industrial or medical X-Ray equipment across Canada to continue satisfying their regulatory obligations.
The regulators, both federal and provincial, expect that a qualified person will be designated as an X-Ray Safety Officer by the employer. The best way to maintain such qualifications is to continue updating existing knowledge. We recommend that a refresher course be taken every 3 years to keep up-to-date with all changes and requirements.
This course is geared towards active X-Ray Safety Officers who already hold a professional XSO Certificate and wish to update their knowledge of X-Ray safety and regulatory standards applicable to their workplace.
Online: The sessions held online are designed to recreate the in-class experience as much as possible. The course is delivered live through an online meeting platform, led by our experienced instructors. Participants are encouraged to ask questions and instructors are available to offer assistance. Breaks are offered throughout the day, including one hour for lunch. Please note that the timing of the course is set for the time-zone of the course location. For example, if the course location is specified as Toronto, the course will begin at 9:00 am Eastern time and the lunch break will be around noon Eastern time. All course materials will be provided electronically and certificates will be emailed to participants within a week after the end of the course.
Training will be given by our skilled team of teachers are experienced educators.
- Reinforce knowledge of X-ray safety fundamentals
- Review radiation detection, instrumentation and dosimetry best practices
- Update your awareness of key federal, provincial and territorial regulations on x-ray safety
- Learn from your fellow XSOs through networking and structured group exercises
Upon course completion and successful passing of the exam a Certificate will be issued. Please keep it for your records to present to the regulator at the time of workplace inspection.
If you find that XSOR course is not what you need, please take a moment to look at other radiation safety courses we offer.
Manager of Training
Tel: (416) 650 9090 ext. 325 | Fax (416) 650 9920 | Email: email@example.com
Cancellations | The following administrative fees will apply to course registration refunds:
- 20% of course fee if cancelled 14 or more days prior to the scheduled date
- 50% of course fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- No refunds will be issued if cancelled on the day of the course
- May 31, 2024 *Online* 9am EDT Start Time
May 31, 2024
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Nov 05, 2024 *Online* 9am EST Start Time
November 5, 2024
9:00 am - 5:00 pm