11 MPCEP Credits
This meeting has applied to CAMPEP for approval of 11 MPCEC hours.
This two-day Certificate Program introduces radiation therapy shielding design principles and methods that will equip medical physicists with knowledge necessary to prepare successful CNSC submissions and to ensure that the proposed shielding design is optimized in terms of safety and cost. The course is delivered by medical physicists who are highly experienced in modern methods of designing radiation therapy shielding structures. Upon completion of this two-day program, course participants will be able to avoid many of the potential pitfalls in shielding designs. Medical Physics residents will be better prepared for questions related to radiation shielding in residency exams and medical physicists will be better prepared for radiation safety questions on Board exams.
How you learn
Each day has several learning sessions. Appropriate refreshment breaks are included. Your learning is enhanced by lively discussions and video presentations.
When you complete the course requirements and pass the final exam, you will receive the course Certificate.
- Regulatory requirements for shielding calculations
- High energy gamma and neutron interactions
- Shielding calculation formalism for medical linear accelerators
- Shielding calculation formalism for high dose rate brachytherapy
- Radiation safety issues with modern radioisotope therapies
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission security plan requirements for high activity sources
- Optimizing shielding: costs and benefits
- Radiation survey techniques and instrumentation
- Challenges in shielding: practical issues with examples
- Preparing submissions and communicating with regulators
Accommodation The Eaton Chelsea Hotel, 33 Gerrard Street W, is pleased to offer a group rate to our course participants. Once your course registration has been confirmed a link to the Eaton Chelsea will be sent to you. Please note, proof of your registration will be required upon hotel check-in.
The hotel is located 2 km from the Institute and a daily complimentary shuttle service will be provided to and from the hotel, departing at 8:30am and returning by 5:00pm.
Curtis Caldwell, Chief Scientist
Tel: (416) 650 9090 ext. 25 | Fax (416) 650 9920 | Email: email@example.com
Cancellations | The following administrative fees will apply to course registration refunds:
- 20% of course fee if cancelled 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- 50% of course fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- No refunds will be issued if cancelled on the day of the course
- Toronto April 11-12, 2019 - 20% Discount until January 1, 2019
April 9, 2019 - April 12, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm