An extensive three (3) day training course in evaluation, adequacy, and potential effectiveness of root cause reports. It is designed to train participants in evaluating the root cause analysis presented for their review. Participants will learn to apply critical evaluation skills needed to determine the quality of investigation and effectiveness of the proposed corrective actions.
This course is intended for: individuals (e.g., executive review teams, corrective action review boards, regulatory agencies) responsible for review and evaluation of root cause reports prepared by analysts. Previous Root Cause Analysis training and experience is helpful, however not necessary.
Each instructor has over 30 years direct experience in high-hazard industry, advanced and related degrees, and has earned rigorous professional certifications through examination. As well, each instructor is regularly engaged in leading or advising root cause teams investigating significant events in the power industry, petro-chemical, manufacturing, mining, electrical, construction, supplier, drilling, fabrication, decommissioning, transportation, nuclear power and other high hazard sectors. Course Instructors: Dr. Michael D. Quinn and others.
About the Root Cause Method
- Hardware and Physical Equipment and Components
- Personnel, Organizational, & Programmatic Applications
Environments in which the Phoenix Root Cause Method has been applied
| || || |
- The suitability of the systematic methodology
- How the evaluation depth suits the significance of the problem
- Whether the root cause evaluation included all the relevant prior occurrences and factors
- How the “extent of condition” / “extent of cause” were addressed
- The quantitative or qualitative measures of success developed for determining the effectiveness of the corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- The schedule for implementation of the corrective actions
- The degree to which the root cause analysis reflects risk significance and regulatory compliance
- The role of the organization’s safety culture
- The adequacy of the proposed corrective actions
- The appropriateness of the corrective action(s) prioritization
Toronto: National Education Center Location 100 Sheppard Ave E, Suite 760 Toronto, ON M2N 6N5
Accommodation Hotel Novotel Toronto North York is pleased to offer a $15 discount off the daily rate for our course participants. The hotel is located at 3 Park Home Ave, North York, ON M2N 6L3. It is only a short 15-minute walk away from our office where Toronto courses are held. Please call (416) 733-29292 or go online to book your room. Please note, proof of your registration will be required upon hotel check-in.
If you find that Evaluation of Root Cause Analysis course is not what you need, please take a moment to look at other radiation safety courses we offer.
Cancellations | The following administrative fees will apply to course registration refunds:
- 20% of course fee if cancelled 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- 50% of course fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- No refunds will be issued if cancelled on the day of the course
- February 14, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm