Category A credit*
*CAMRT Credits are recognized by the ARRT, The ASRT, and all Provincial Associations under the CAMRT umbrella.
Our five-day Radiation Safety Officer (RSO-1) training is the premiere course of its kind in Canada and is designed to provide certification for radiation safety personnel for companies and institutions using radioactive materials under Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) regulations.
If you are responsible for workplace radiation safety within your organization, you owe it to your fellow employees to benefit from this highly acclaimed program.
BONUS! Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate!
Along with the RSO Certificate now you will be getting a TDG Certificate.
How you learn
When you complete the course requirements and pass the final exam, you will receive the Radiation Safety Institute of Canada’s Radiation Safety Officer (RSO-1) Certificate. You will also be eligible to write the Canadian Radiation Protection Association’s professional registration exam.
- Structure of matter
- Radiation and radioactivity
- Radiation quantities and units
- Radiation detection, instrumentation and dosimetry
- Biological and health effects of exposure to radiation
- Radiation protection principles and practices, including contamination control
- Hands-on exercises in the practical application of radiation protection principles
- Nuclear gauges and their applications
- Workplace radiation safety program: organization and administration
- Emergency procedures
- Employee training
- Transport of radioactive materials
- Workplace inspections and audits
- Regulatory agencies and standard-setting organizations
- Licensing of nuclear substances and radiation devices
- Key sections of the Nuclear Safety and Control Act and Regulations
Accommodation The Eaton Chelsea Hotel, 33 Gerrard Street W, is pleased to offer the rate of $155+tax per night to our course participants. Once your course registration has been confirmed a link to the Eaton Chelsea will be sent to you. Please note, proof of your registration will be required upon hotel check-in.
The hotel is located 2 km from the Institute and a daily complimentary shuttle service will be provided to and from the hotel, departing at 8:30am and returning by 5:00pm.
Saskatoon: National Laboratories Location Innovation Place Research Park, 102 – 110 Research Drive, SK S7N 3R3
Accommodation For recommended hotels please contact Jolene Miner (306) 975 0566 ext 221
Vancouver: Sutton Place Hotel 845 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 2K
Accommodation For recommended hotels please contact Maria Cost (416) 650 9090 ext. 21
Train your colleagues yourself!
To help RSO-1 graduates train workers at their company or institution, we offer an efficient, ready-to-go training tool on CD, “Basics of Radiation Safety”. We have a special price for RSO-1 graduates of $299.00 (plus HST). Learn more about the Employee Learning Module.
RSO-1 not for you?
If you find that RSO course is not what you need, please take a moment to look at other radiation safety courses we offer.
Staff Scientist and Manager of Training
Tel: (416) 650 9090 ext. 23 | Fax (416) 650 9920 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations | The following administrative fees will apply to course registration refunds:
- 20% of course fee if cancelled 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- 50% of course fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- No refunds will be issued if cancelled on the day of the course
- September 17-21, 2018
September 24, 2018 - September 28, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- November 26-30, 2018
November 26, 2018 - November 30, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm