Category A credit*
*CAMRT Credits are recognized by the ARRT, The ASRT, and all Provincial Associations under the CAMRT umbrella.
Our five-day Radiation Safety Officer (RSO-1) training is the premiere course of its kind in Canada and is designed to provide certification for radiation safety personnel for companies and institutions using radioactive materials under Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) regulations.
If you are responsible for workplace radiation safety within your organization, you owe it to your fellow employees to benefit from this highly acclaimed program.
BONUS! Transportation of Dangerous Goods Certificate!
Along with the RSO Certificate now you will be getting a TDG Certificate.
How you learn
Online: The sessions held online are designed to recreate the in-class experience as much as possible. The course is delivered live through an online meeting platform, led by our experienced instructors. Participants are encouraged to ask questions and instructors are available to offer assistance. Breaks are offered throughout the day, including one hour for lunch. Please note that the timing of the course is set for the time-zone of the course location. For example, if the course location is specified as Toronto, the course will begin at 9:00 am Eastern time and the lunch break will be around noon Eastern time. All course materials will be provided electronically and certificates will be emailed to participants within a week after the end of the course.
Classroom: You learn in a friendly classroom setting over a period of five days from our knowledgeable Education Team. Each day has several learning sessions. Appropriate refreshment breaks are included. Your learning is enhanced by lively discussions and video presentations.
When you complete the course requirements and pass the final exam, you will receive the Radiation Safety Institute of Canada’s Radiation Safety Officer (RSO-1) Certificate. You will also be eligible to write the Canadian Radiation Protection Association’s professional registration exam.
- Structure of matter
- Radiation and radioactivity
- Radiation quantities and units
- Radiation detection, instrumentation and dosimetry
- Biological and health effects of exposure to radiation
- Radiation protection principles and practices, including contamination control
- Hands-on exercises in the practical application of radiation protection principles
- Nuclear gauges and their applications
- Workplace radiation safety program: organization and administration
- Emergency procedures
- Employee training
- Transport of radioactive materials
- Workplace inspections and audits
- Regulatory agencies and standard-setting organizations
- Licensing of nuclear substances and radiation devices
- Key sections of the Nuclear Safety and Control Act and Regulations
Accommodation Hotel Novotel Toronto North York is pleased to offer a $15 discount off the daily rate for our course participants. The hotel is located at 3 Park Home Ave, North York, ON M2N 6L3. It is only a short 15-minute walk away from our office where Toronto courses are held. Please call (416) 733-29292 or go online to book your room.
Saskatoon: National Laboratories Location Innovation Place Research Park, 102 – 110 Research Drive, SK S7N 3R3
Accommodation For recommended hotels please contact Barb Lemon (306) 975 0566 ext 232
Train your colleagues yourself!
To help RSO-1 graduates train workers at their company or institution, we offer an efficient, ready-to-go training tool on CD, “Basics of Radiation Safety”. We have a special price for RSO-1 graduates of $299.00 (plus HST). Learn more about the Employee Learning Module.
RSO-1 not for you?
If you find that RSO course is not what you need, please take a moment to look at other radiation safety courses we offer.
Staff Scientist and Manager of Training
Tel: (416) 650 9090 ext. 23 | Fax (416) 650 9920 | Email: email@example.com
Cancellations | The following administrative fees will apply to course registration refunds:
- 20% of course fee if cancelled 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- 50% of course fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- No refunds will be issued if cancelled on the day of the course
- Toronto Sept 28 - Oct 2, 2020 *Online*
September 28, 2020 - October 2, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Toronto November 23 -27, 2020 *Online*
November 23, 2020 - November 27, 2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm