Category A credit*
*CAMRT Credits are recognized by the ARRT, The ASRT, and all Provincial Associations under the CAMRT umbrella.
Our two-day Radiation Safety Officer Refresher (RSO-2) training is designed for RSO-1 graduates to reinforce and revive the information learned in the RSO-1 course. If it has been a while since you took your last RSO course, you owe it to your fellow employees to benefit from this highly acclaimed refresher program.
How You Learn
You will receive a binder containing the course presentation slides.
- Overview of Radiation and radioactivity
- Radiation quantities and units
- Workplace radiation safety program: organization and administration
- Employee training
- Licensing of nuclear substances and radiation devices
- Nuclear gauges and their applications
- Operating procedures
- Emergency management
- Workplace inspections and audits
- Transport of radioactive materials
- Key sections of Regulations under the Nuclear Safety and Control Act
- Discussion workshop: Evaluating a Radiation Protection Program
Accommodation The Eaton Chelsea Hotel, 33 Gerrard Street W, is pleased to offer a group rate to our course participants. Once your course registration has been confirmed a link to the Eaton Chelsea will be sent to you. Please note, proof of your registration will be required upon hotel check-in.
The hotel is located 2 km from the Institute and a daily complimentary shuttle service will be provided to and from the hotel, departing at 8:30am and returning by 5:00pm.
Saskatoon: National Laboratories Location
Innovation Place Research Park, 102 – 110 Research Drive, SK S7N 3R3
Accommodation For recommended hotels please contact Jolene Miner (306) 975 0566 ext 221
Vancouver: Sutton Place Hotel 845 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 2K
Accommodation For recommended hotels please contact Maria Cost (416) 650 9090 ext. 21
RSO-2 not for you?
If you find that RSO-2 course is not what you need, please take a moment to look at other radiation safety courses we offer.
Staff Scientist and Manager of Training
Tel: (416) 650 9090 ext. 23 | Fax (416) 650 9920 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellations | The following administrative fees will apply to course registration refunds:
- 20% of course fee if cancelled 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- 50% of course fee if cancelled less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date
- No refunds will be issued if cancelled on the day of the course
- Saskatoon September 17 – 18, 2019
September 17, 2019 - September 18, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Toronto, November 5 – 6, 2019
November 5, 2019 - November 6, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm