This 1-day (8 hours) awareness course is designed to ensure that workers have a good understanding of Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) including its origins, a basic understanding of radiation and its associated potential health hazards, and how to detect NORM and control radiation exposures. This provides workplaces with confidence to manage their personal safety in environments where NORM is potentially an issue.
How You Learn
You will receive a binder containing the course presentation slides.
- Knowledge of NORM origins
- A basic understanding of radioactivity and the associated health hazards
- Familiarity with measures to control radiation exposure and limit risk
- An introduction to the use of radiation detection instrumentation
- An understanding of Health Canada’s Guidelines for the Management of NORM
Oil and gas operations may bring to the surface naturally occurring radioactive materials such as uranium and thorium, radium 226 and radium 228. A quality NORM survey will detect radiation, its location and source. Armed with this information you can make better safety decisions for your workplace in order to decide on the necessary protection levels and control measures.
Our experienced scientific staff can carry out a tailor-made NORM survey and help you address your NORM hazards.
Ready To Do Your Own NORM Surveys?
A quality NORM Program, combined with worker awareness training, allows you to carry out your own NORM surveys. Talk to us today and let our compliance specialists develop a customized NORM Program to start reducing costs.
- Online September 21, 2021 CST (Saskatoon)
September 21, 2021
9:25 am - 10:25 am