We are pleased to announce that in April 2017 the Radiation Safety Institute of Canada achieved accreditation of its Radon Reference Chamber with the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST) National Radon Proficiency Program (NNRP).
The Institute team, with much appreciated support from Health Canada, has dedicated the past two years to upgrading the chamber’s technical capabilities, running experiments to ensure stability of radon concentrations and reliability of test results.
Located in Saskatoon at our National Laboratories, we offer the following services with our radon chamber laboratory:
- Radon measuring instrument quality control testing;
- Radon measuring instrument performance testing and calibration; and
- Radon progeny measuring instrument performance testing and calibration;
We are able to perform testing on all NRRP certified instruments including:
- Electret-Ion chambers (E-PERM);
- Activated charcoal;
- Electronic integrating devices (EID);
- Continuous radon monitors;
- as well as perform calibrations verification and efficiency determination services for ZnS(Ag) Scintillation Cells and calibration of continuous radon monitors.
For those of you who were with us from the start and provided feedback on the initial surveys: Thank you for supporting us and being a part of this exciting journey! We are every bit as anxious as you are to see the launch of the 1st Certified Radon Chamber available in Canada.
For the new members of the C-NRPP, we would like to say welcome to an extraordinary group of dedicated professionals. We hope to make your important work just a little easier!
Call us at 1-800-263-5803 (option 4) or (306) 975-0566 ext. 224
Fax: (306) 975-0494
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
National Laboratories Address: 102-110 Research Drive, Saskatoon, SK, S7N 3R3