If you know your physics, have energy, drive and imagination – we’re interested. If you have common sense and a down-to-earth approach to practical problems, we’re even more interested. If you like a challenge, have a sense of humour and can work independently in a collegial atmosphere, better still. If you can speak effectively and can teach and write, best of all. We are looking for a radiation scientist or an engineer to join our team in Toronto.
Perform and evaluate radiation, X-ray, and electromagnetic field measurements; assist clients with CNSC license applications, radiation safety protocols and manuals; produce technical reports; participate in scientific and technical meetings; assist with radiation safety training (sometimes at remote sites) and perform other scientific/technical duties as required. Note: 20% to 30% travel may be required. This is a full-time position.
Salary Range (depending on experience and qualifications): $35,000 to $55,000
Start Date (negotiable): February 2019
- Minimum B.Sc. or B.Eng.; graduate degree.advantageous
- Familiar with radiation physics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent analytical and critical skills
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft OFFICE applications, in particular, Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- English essential
Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Specialization in health, medical, laser, nuclear, or applied physics or engineering
- Experience in scientific data analysis
- Experience in writing technical reports and publications
- Experience in writing proposals
- Familiarity with CNSC licensing procedures
- Demonstrable ability in teaching, proficiency in presentations of educational and formal training material
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset
Candidate should clearly indicate how he/she meets each of the required and the desired qualifications.
Please send your application by 7 January 2019 to:
Radiation Safety Institute of Canada Attention: Coordinator, Administrative Services 165 Avenue Road, Suite 300
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5R 3S4 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada is an equal-opportunity employer with an excellent employee benefits plan, including health benefits and pension plan. If you would like the challenge of the position and wish to be considered, we would be pleased to hear from you. This advertisement is directed to Canadian citizens and permanent residents only.