In Ontario, workplaces who use x-rays under 1 MeV for uses other than for human health care must register their equipment with the Ministry of Labour, Immigration, Training, and Skills Development. The Radiation Safety Institute of Canada has recently developed a free course and guidance document to support the application process.
- Guidance document: https://radiationsafety.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/X-Ray-Guidance-Document-Final.pdf
- eLearning course: https://onlinelearning.radiationsafety.ca/course/view.php?id=115
- YouTube training video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJwJt5xm6Yo
RSIC also has available free X-Ray Safety Templates for Regulation 861 to support the development of workplace radiation safety programs for analytic, cabinet, industrial radiography/fluoroscopic, and veterinary practice x-ray use in Ontario: https://radiationsafety.ca/resources/861xraysafetytemplates/.
Additionally, we have many free resources, eLearning courses, and webinar recordings on the topic of radiation protection. Please help us to promote radiation safety and awareness by sharing links to these resources with anyone who might find them useful.
- Resources: https://radiationsafety.ca/resources/
- Free eLearning courses: https://onlinelearning.radiationsafety.ca/course/index.php?categoryid=2
- Webinar recordings: https://radiationsafety.ca/services/webinars/